Nov 6, 2008

Something smart

My friend www.skinka.papper.fi wrote in her blog about why people here in Finland can't walk around in any clothes they like without being asked "What the fuck are you wearing?"

I now want to take my share of thought about this, because I got pissed;
I've never had a Henry Loyd (don't even know how to spell it) jacket, I personally would never wear it because 3/4 of the swedish speaking finns have it and secondly it's not my style at all. Other typical things to wear if you are a swedish speaking finn; Ralph Lauren, Longchamp, Guess and blablabla. Okey the material is great and the clothes last longer.

But if someone is a bit unique questions arise immediately. I don't wear Ralph Lauren or similar designers because I think the clothes are boring. But I don't go around asking "Why the fuck are you wearing Ralph Lauren?"

NB: I'm not being angry towards anyone specific, just hate the whole system with personal style in the swedish speaking minority in Finland.

No comments: